Saturday 8 September 2012

Gnocchi with frizzled leeks, mushrooms and truffle oil

I made the biggest batch of gnocchi this evening.  I started out with 2.5kg of potatoes (I knew I should have weighed them at the fruit shop).  Which turned into about 3kg of gnocchi.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the dough - it was huge!

I made the gnocchi specifically to use the truffle oil that we got from Green Edge.  The recipe was based on something I had in a fancy restaurant eons ago.

Things to do next time: work out how to pan fry the gnocchi (the entire bottom of the pan was covered in potato bits), add more truffle oil, fry for longer so the gnocchi gets crispier.

NOM!  I got two gold stars from Cam for this one.  Luckily I have ballet ALL DAY tomorrow (WOOOO!) so I can probably afford a few extra calories.


Can you believe I took this photo on my phone?  Samsung Galaxy for the win!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Yum, homemade gnocchi! I need to do that again. Did you know you can freeze them uncooked for later?

Amy said...

Oh yeah - we have an entire shelf of gnocchi in the freezer. I always try to make a big batch. This one was bigger than anticipated!