Sunday 3 January 2016

2016 - I'm baaaaack

Hi everyone!  Long time, no blog!

I am heading into a crazy busy first half of the year due to the work project that I'm on.  So I thought it would be a good time to re-start blogging!

Anyway, since I last blogged, we bought a house!  We adopted three ridiculously cute fur babies! I now work at a different job!

My hope this year (apart from losing a bit of weight because I eat when I'm stressed, and work was INSANE from October to December) is to start doing some menu planning.  Cam's doing a lot of night shifts and I work late a lot, so having some dinner menus planned may help (and will aid me by having awesome lunches to take the next day!).  I can only hope.

Anyhoooo, here's this week's menu:

Sunday night: Pineapple-Cashew-Quinoa Stir-Fry from Veganomicon (p175-6)
Monday night: Macaro-No Cheese with Crispy Kale from Keep It Vegan (p76) - will probably add some tofu or tempeh to up the protein content.
Tuesday night: Black bean tacos
Wednesday night: Well-Dressed Tofu Bowls from The Great Vegan Protein Book (p130)
Thursday night: Curry-Barbecue Soy Curls Bowls from Eat Like You Give A Damn (p142)
Friday night: Pizza in the pizza oven!
Saturday night: Complicated dinner

I love making a complicated meal on a Saturday night when I have the time.  I usually make a dessert as well.

Here's hoping that I stick to the plan!

And to close, here's my three fur babies!  The black one is Neil DeCat Tyson, the tortoiseshell one is Cat Sagan and the orange one is Catpurrnicus.  Yes, we have named them all after scientists.



A photo posted by Amy Tuite (@ironchefvegan) on

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yay, welcome back to blogging. :D